At Shortridge High School, we celebrate the creative spirit through our extensive Visual and Performing Arts Program. This program integrates foundational knowledge with career-oriented skills, providing a holistic and enriching education experience. This structure, known as Career Programs (CP), is a reflection of our commitment to facilitate career-centric learning for our students.
The CP structure is flexible and adaptive, effectively catering to the diverse needs, backgrounds, and contexts of our students. Participating in the CP, students engage in rigorous study programs tailored to their interests, cultivating transferable and lifelong skills in the process.
At present, Shortridge High School offers the following Visual and Performing Arts Career Programs:
- Dance: This program delves into the history, choreography, and performance of dance.
- Instrumental: For band and orchestra enthusiasts, this program explores the history, composition, and performance of music.
- JROTC: This program is designed to develop leadership, civic awareness, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Media: This program provides insights into the history, scriptwriting, and production aspects of media.
- Theatre: Divided into theatre performance and theatre tech, this program offers comprehensive knowledge of the history, production, and performance of theatre.
- Visual Arts: This program focuses on the history, composition, and production of visual arts.
- Vocal: This program delves into the nuances of vocal performance, its history, composition, and production.
The CP/Visual and Performing Arts Program is a blend of internationally recognized courses, including those from the IB Diploma Program (DP), a unique CP core, and a career-related study.
Objectives of the Visual and Performing Arts Career Program:
- Foster a lifelong appreciation and engagement with the arts
- Develop informed, reflective, and critical practitioners in the arts
- Understand the evolving and dynamic nature of the arts
- Appreciate the diversity of the arts across time, place, and cultures
- Express ideas with confidence and competence
- Enhance perceptual and analytical skills in artistry.