Shortridge’s Visual and Performing Arts Career Program is focused on career-related skills and knowledge. We refer to all of the Visual and Performing Arts Career Programs as Career Programs (CP) because they all share the same core foundations. The CP is a framework of education that incorporates the vision and educational principles of our school into a unique program specifically developed for students who wish to engage in career-related learning.
The CP’s flexible educational framework allows Shortridge to meet the needs, backgrounds and contexts of our students. CP students engage with a rigorous study program that genuinely interests them while gaining transferable and lifelong skills.
Shortridge is offering the following Visual and Performing Arts Career Programs.
- Dance: The Dance Career-Related Program focuses on the history, writing and performance of dance.
- Instrumental: The Instrumental Career-Related Program (band and orchestra) focuses on the history, writing and performance of music.
- JROTC: The JROTC Career-Related Program focuses on leadership, civics, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Media: The Media Career-Related Program focuses on the history, writing and production of media.
- Theatre: The Theatre Career-related Program is divided into theatre Performance and theatre Tech. These two programs focus on the history, production and performance aspects of theatre.
- Visual Arts: The Visual Arts Career-Related Program focuses on the history, writing and production of visual arts.
- Vocal: The Visual Arts Career-Related Program focuses on the history, writing and production of visual arts.
The CP/Visual and Performing Arts Program provides a comprehensive educational framework that combines highly regarded and internationally recognized courses including those from the IB Diploma Program (DP), with a unique CP core and a career-related study.
The Aims of the Visual and Performing Arts Career Program
- Enjoy lifelong engagement with the arts
- Become informed, reflective and critical practitioners in the arts
- Understand the dynamic and changing nature of the arts
- Explore and value the diversity of the arts across time, place and cultures
- Express ideas with confidence and competence
- Develop perceptual and analytical skills