Good afternoon Blue Devil families:
Please read the information below for important updates regarding our middle and high schools from IPS.
Due to staffing limitations, IPS high schools — including Shortridge — and stand-alone middle schools will move to full remote learning on Thursday, January 13 and Friday, January 14. These will be asynchronous instructional days for students; classwork will be uploaded to Schoology. Attendance will be taken via Schoology login like we have done in the past.
Remote learning links and support can be found here.
IPS made this decision based on the number of staff absences, including COVID-19 isolation and quarantines at the middle and high school levels. Transitioning to remote learning gives time for affected staff and students to meet the 5-day isolation and quarantine period before returning back to school.
As a reminder, there is no school for students or staff Monday, January 17, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and no school for students Tuesday, January 18, which is a Professional Development Day.
We look forward to welcoming all students back into our historic building on Wednesday, January 19, 2022.
Good afternoon parents and athletes,
1) Contests will continue as planned
2) Buses to away events and back to Shortridge will still be provided unless otherwise noted by your coach
3) EC buses home are offered tonight, Wednesday 1/12
4) EC buses will not run until students are back in the building on 1/19
5) Practices and conditioning are at the discretion of each coach. I will always support their decisions and your health and your child’s health always comes first when it comes to everyone’s plan.
Please be patient with your coaches because this is being thrown at them just now, so they will have to adjust.
Our athletics staff, the student athletes and the parents have been nothing short of phenomenal, and I thank you for that. This is not easy.
Please stay safe, and I appreciate your patience as we continue to push forward.