What does the Rebuilding Stronger Plan mean for my student?
Starting in the 2024 School Year, your school will become an IB World middle school. The school will also become a 6-8 school.
|Key Component||What does this mean for your school in the 2024-25 school year?|
|Your school’s grade reconfiguration will serve…||Grades 6-8|
|Your school will serve…||Zone 1 and will serve as a direct feeder for the Center For Inquiry, Butler Lab, and Montessori schools in Zone 1|
|Your academic program will be…||An IB world middle school (new programming) co-located with the Newcomer program (no change from current)|
|Your school will receive these athletic and/or facility improvements…||We will thoroughly update the entire facility to modernize it and make the learning experience more comfortable. The building will be a vibrant and inviting atmosphere, complete with athletics facilities improvements.|
|If your student is in grade 7 during the 2023-24 school year…||No action is required of you and you have a guaranteed seat at your current school or you can also apply to any middle school that serves your zone (listed below) during the fall 2023 Enroll Indy enrollment windows. |
Zone 1 Middle School Options:
STEM @ William Penn 49, Matchbook Learning @ 63, PATH @ 67, Enlace Academy, High Ability @ Harshman (if you meet eligibility requirements), GPA Dual Language @ Global Prep (if you meet eligibility requirements), Cold Spring @ Marian
If you live outside of Zone 1, you can still attend Northwest but will only have transportation for the 2024-2025 school year. Please visit the website to see middle school options for every zone.
For school year 2023-2024, Northwest Middle School, Monarca, and Newcomer will continue to operate at the facility. No action is required.
What is the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program?
- Student-centered approach
- International perspectives
- Opportunities for action & service
- Focus on learning how to learn
- Learning more than one language
- Rigorous learning objectives
- Develops flexible thinking that prepares students to evaluate information critically and apply knowledge in complex, unfamiliar situations
- Enhance Front Entry and Student Services to support New Programming
- Address building deficiencies such as interior lighting, fire alarm, paved surfaces, fencing, etc
- Increase security through card access and cameras
- Improve Middle School Athletic Offerings through
- Softball field improvements
- Baseball field improvement
- Field lighting
- Support with investments via the 2018 Safety & Security Referendum: VOIP phone system & Intercom
Building Plan & Site Pictures
Special Education Services
Your school will continue to offer Intensive Intervention and Life Skills programming in the 23-24 school year. If you have questions about your student who is progressing to a grade level that will not be served at this school in the 23-24 school year, or if you have other special education related questions, please reach out to your student’s Teacher of Record or call (463) 232-6908. A special education administrator will return your call promptly.
Your School Navigator is …