Masks are required for all students and staff — regardless of vaccination status — in all IPS buildings.
However, families can still provide proof of student vaccination status to IPS given that:
- Mask guidance may change later in the school year.
- Vaccinated students who are not symptomatic are not required to quarantine if there’s a possible exposure.
Below are directions on how to provide proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination status procedure:
Records must be submitted to the student’s school front office and will be added to their official student record in PowerSchool. Please do not send records with your child to school or give records to your student’s teacher.
Hand-written or unofficial documentation will not be accepted.
School officials should retain a copy of the record and update the student’s record in PowerSchool using the same process as entering school-entry mandated vaccinations.
Examples of ways to find vaccine documentation:
- Official vaccination record from CHIRP
- Certificate of vaccination status from IDOH
- Medical provider’s office
*You are considered “fully vaccinated” ONLY if:
- 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer)
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson)