One of four IPS All-Choice High Schools, George Washington is led by principal Stanley Law. The high school — open to students in Grades 9-12 throughout the IPS district and beyond —specializes in three College and Career Options focused in the STEM and Business industries that offer students a more rewarding and engaging academic experience.
Our Mission & Vision
Develop future leaders through college and career-based experiences that equip them to excel in the global economy
Provide a rigorous and innovative curriculum in a safe and supportive environment that leads to enrollment, enlistment, and employment
- Provide all children with an education that affords them limitless opportunity, the power of choice, and the option of success both to and through college;
- Provide a welcoming, safe, nurturing, supportive, and equitable environment for a diverse student population;
- Provide students with experiences and programming that build character traits linked to effectiveness and happiness;
- Partner with families and the community to be a positive force and resource;
- Create an adult culture that develops effective teachers, grows leaders, keeps effective educators in the profession and field, and that feels like a team and family.
Our team works diligently to:
- Eliminate achievement gaps
- Equip all students with the academic and character skills to succeed in college and life
- Serve as a leader in the Indianapolis community around issues of equity and social justice
- Become a respected school from which other schools pursue learning