Thrival Indy Academy is a humanities-focused high school that exposes students to diverse global perspectives through experiential learning and identity exploration in order to incubate educated global citizens and passionate community leaders.
Through addressing the opportunity gap surrounding global experiences and perspectives, Thrival prepares Indianapolis youth for postsecondary success and equips them with the tools to impact positive change in their local community.
Global and International Studies Pathway
The Global and International Studies pathway at Thrival Indy prepares students to be leaders in their local and global communities. Through the advisory course, students develop community advocacy skills such as asset-based community development.
The Spanish-language curriculum, paired with immersive cultural experiences in Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic, prepares students to thrive in our multicultural society.
Career Preparation Courses
- Grade 9: Cambridge International Classical Studies; Preparing for College and Careers; Spanish 1 or 2
- Grade 10: Cambridge International Thinking Skills; Interpersonal Relationships; Spanish 2 or 3
- Grade 11: (AP) Environmental Science; Global Perspectives and Research; Spanish 3 or 4
- Grade 12: Cambridge International Environmental Management; AP Research; Spanish 4 or Dual-Credit Spanish
Career Possibilities Include
- CIA Agent.
- Immigration Specialist.
- International Lawyer.
- International Marketing Specialist.
- Language Specialist.
- News Anchor.
- Global Environmentalist.
- Tourism & Hospitality Manager.