August 3, 2020
The IPS administration is recommending to the Board of School Commissioners to start the 2020-21 school year with 100% remote learning for all district students.
· The Board passed the administration’s recommendation on Thursday, July 30.
· The school year will start fully virtual on Monday, Aug. 17.
· Full remote learning would continue through at least October 2.
IPS is focused on the health and safety of students and staff as our top priority.
· Delaying in-person learning will allow more time for the number of COVID-19 cases in Marion County to stabilize or decrease to a less dangerous level.
· IPS maintains the pledge to remain flexible and respond to the changing data from state and local health and government officials.
· Based on the rising number of cases, we initially made the decision to delay the start of the school year by two weeks.
· As the cases continue to rise, we’re responding again with the decision to delay in-person learning for the first quarter.
IPS will be a 1:1 district when the 2020-21 school year starts.
· All students will receive a device to participate in high-quality, robust academic programming.
· Students in Pre-K–2 will receive an iPad.
· Students in Grades 3–12 will receive a Chromebook.
· A MiFi mobile hot spot device will be available to families who don’t have access to reliable internet service.
Registration is OPEN…
Please find information about Prek-6th grade registration at this LINK!