Grades Pre-K–5 | Zones 1–4
At IPS, our exploratory school learning model enables students to explore their academic and career interests through a full range of program offerings. Available to grade levels Pre-K–5, our IPS exploratory schools provide high-quality learning experiences enriched in English Language Arts (ELA), Math, Sciences, and the fine arts through an instructional model that encourages students’ curiosity and enables them to achieve their fullest potential.
- College-prep coursework
- Career readiness programs
- Exploration of interests
What to Expect:
- Curriculum content areas include approaching ELA through the science of reading, core phonics, math, science, and social studies.
- Courses provide access to arts, music, computer technology and physical education classes.
- Students will have the chance to explore career paths through various field experiences.
An In-Depth Look: Exploratory
The exploratory learning model inspires students to explore their academic and career interests to achieve their fullest potential. Teachers use rigorous college-prep curriculum and build in opportunities for enrichment, providing students with career readiness and the confidence to follow their natural interests.
IPS Schools with Exploratory Programming
- Brookside School 54 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 3
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 2
- Christian Park School 82 | Grades K–5 | Zone 4
- Clarence Farrington School 61 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 1
- Daniel Webster School 46 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 4
- Ernie Pyle School 90 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 1
- Frederick Douglass School 19 | Grades K–5 | Zone 4
- Jonathan Jennings School 109 | Grades K–5 | Zone 1
- Lew Wallace School 107 | Grades K–5 | Zone 1
- Meredith Nicholson School 96 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 1
- Ralph Waldo Emerson School 58 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 4
- William McKinley School 39 | Grades Pre-K–5 | Zone 4