IPS FoodService provide students with nutritious meals they will enjoy at the lowest possible cost to families & taxpayers.
IPS participates in several USDA Child Nutrition Programs, including: National School Breakfast Program, National School Lunch Program, Child & Adult Care Food Program, Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program, and the After School Snack Program. In addition, IPS serves meals during school breaks.
Breakfast and lunch are served at no charge to all IPS students under the USDA’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). CEP pertains to meals and not other educational benefits.
Summer Meal Service: Beginning June 8
Prepackaged meals will only be distributed on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- On Mondays, students will receive four prepackaged meals (breakfast and lunch) to cover two meals a day for two days.
- On Wednesdays, students will receive six prepackaged meals (breakfast and lunch) to cover two meals a day for three days.
Meal service is open to all students age 18 and younger, including non-IPS students, on a first-come, first-served basis. In an effort to encourage social distancing, meals will be distributed drive-thru style in the parking lot from all locations.
Meal Location Sites From School Parking Lots
11 a.m. — 12 p.m.
- Carl Wilde School 79 — 5002 W.34th St., 46224 (parking lot off of Auburn Road)
- George Washington High School — 2215 W. Washington St., 46222
- Eleanor Skillen School 34 — 1410 Wade St., 46203
- Brookside School 54 — 3150 E. 10th St., 46201 (parking lot off of North Dearborn St.)
- Arlington Woods School 99 — 5801 30th St., 46218
- James Whitcomb Riley School 43 — 150 W. 40th St., 46208
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105 — 8620 Montery Road, 46226
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Northwest Middle School — 5525 W. 34th St., 46224
- Matchbook Learning @ Wendell Phillips School 63 — 1163 Belmont Ave., 46222
- Urban Act Academy @ Washington Irving 14 — 1250 E. Market St., 46202
- Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School — 2302 E. Michigan St., 46201
- George S. Buck School 94 — 2701 Devon Ave., 46219
- Phalen Leadership Academy @ Francis Scott Key 103 — 3920 Baker Dr., 46235
- Louis B. Russell Jr. School 48 — 3445 Central Ave., 46205
Meal location Sites From Apartment Complexes
The IPS Food Service team will no longer use the Bus Stop Café at these locations. Instead, prepackaged meals will be served from trucks.
- Blackburn Terrace — 3091 Baltimore Ave., 46218, from 11–11:30 a.m.
- Laurelwood Apartments — 3340 Teakwood Drive, 46227, from 12:30–1 p.m.