IPS FoodService provide students with nutritious meals they will enjoy at the lowest possible cost to families & taxpayers.
IPS participates in several USDA Child Nutrition Programs, including: National School Breakfast Program, National School Lunch Program, Child & Adult Care Food Program, Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program, and the After School Snack Program. In addition, IPS serves meals during school breaks.
Breakfast and lunch are served at no charge to all IPS students under the USDA’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). CEP pertains to meals and not other educational benefits.
All Menu Schedules
Meal Service Offerings
Meal service for students are as follows:
For In-Person Learning Students
Students in Grades K–8 will eat meals inside classrooms. Students in Grades 9–12 will eat meals inside school cafeterias, with increased social distancing/cohorting, and cleaning.
Staff will continue to follow rigorous cleaning and sanitizing practices, including sanitizing serving line tray slides, milk boxes and cash stands in between classes or periods.
Menu choices will be reduced to expedite meal service time. Vegetable/salad bars will be discontinued/converted to packaged items. Students should not share food.
All meals and utensils will be individually wrapped/packaged and can easily be carried by students to another location, i.e., to a classroom for consumption.
- Menu B Breakfast and Lunch Menu for October 19 Through November 24
- This menu is offered to K-6 or K-8 schools.
- Menu C Breakfast and Lunch Menu for October 19 Through November 24
- This menu is offered to 7-8 schools.
- Menu D Breakfast and Lunch Menu for October 19 Through November 24
- This menu is offered to 9-12 schools.
For Remote Learning Students
The IPS Food Service Team will continue to provide pre-packaged breakfast and lunch to all IPS students who are doing remote learning. Meal pick-up will be held on Wednesday only from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at the following schools:
- Anna Brochhausen School 88
- Arlington Middle School
- Brookside School 54
- Center for Inquiry School 70
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105
- George Washington Carver School 87
- George Washington High School
- Henry W. Longfellow Medical/STEM Middle School 28
- Manual High School
- Northwest Middle School
Meals will still be distributed drive-through style.