Is your scholar ready for college? Securing financial aid is a key step for many families looking at higher education, and help is here! Two of our schools are participating as host sites for Indiana’s College Goal Sunday.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may seem like a daunting task to some, but financial aid experts are offering free assistance to families during this special event. All high school seniors working to fill out their FAFSA forms are invited to take part in College Goal Sunday at 2 p.m. on February 22. George Washington Community High School and Northwest Community High School are both participating in this important initiative.
Financial aid experts are ready to sit down with your family and walk you through the entire process; by the end of the afternoon, you can have the online form completed! We will have Spanish-speaking interpreters at both IPS sites to assist families.
To ensure your FAFSA information may be completed at the event, please bring the following:
- Social Security Numbers for student and parents
- Student’s driver’s license number (if applicable)
- Alien Registration Number if the student is not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information or foreign tax returns for student and parents
- Current information on bank account balances, investments and assets
WHAT: College Goal Sunday
WHEN: February 22 – 2 p.m.
WHERE: George Washington Community High School – 2215 W. Washington St
Northwest Community High School – 5525 W. 34th St.