Let’s recognize our dedicated teachers and school leaders who inspire us to excel, dare us to dream and spur us to succeed! Don’t miss your chance to reward an outstanding educator for all that they do.
Sunday, January 24 is approaching quickly; it is the deadline to nominate an educator for the Hubbard Life-Changing Teacher Award or the Hubbard Life-Changing School Leadership Award. For more than 20 years, Indianapolis residents Al and Kathy Hubbard have served as major philanthropic supporters of the schools and programs within IPS. Partnering with United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI), the Hubbards have committed up to $400,000 annually to honor exceptional teachers and principals within our district!
The criteria for the Hubbard Life-Changing Teacher Award and the Hubbard Life-Changing School Leader Award are as follows:
- Teacher/principal must be currently employed full-time by Indianapolis Public Schools.
- Classroom and non-classroom teachers are eligible, including librarians, coaches and Title I teachers.
- Teacher/principal must have transformed the lives of (one or more) students.
- Teacher/principal must have achieved positive academic outcomes.
- Teacher/principal cannot self-nominate.
UWCI has already received nearly 200 nominations from 39 schools and programs! There’s still time to ensure your favorite teacher and school leader are among the list of IPS’ best.