Indianapolis Public Schools is honored to have dedicated community partners who are committed to serving our students – many of these wonderful volunteers took part in a group of amazing projects to celebrate Indy Do Day! The wonderful helpers of our city can’t be contained to a single day of service, so Indy Do Day is observed from October 1-3.
Thanks to all of the kind-hearted Hoosiers who stepped up to help our schools during this year’s Indy Do Day. The following schools were able to tackle important projects with the help of some generous volunteers:
· Clarence Farrington School 61: Volunteers painted the school’s blacktops to make the area more engaging and entertaining for kids.
· Anna Brochhausen School 88, Eleanor Skillen School 34, Christian Park School 82 and William McKinley School 39: Books were Lexiled, which includes a color-coded system to help students pick appropriate books based on their reading level.
· Center for Inquiry School 2: Buckingham Companies volunteers joined employees from CityWay and The Alexander to pack healthy snacks to deliver to CFI 2. Students also enjoyed a fitness class from a YMCA instructor.
“This is my third year volunteering for Indy Do Day and also my favorite. Seeing the look on the kids faces at CFI 2 when they heard the music made me so happy that we could help them realize how fun focusing on health and wellness can be,” says Indy Do Day volunteer, Chelsie Walker Leasing Director of Buckingham Companies.
Also, we are sincerely grateful to the stores that donated items to support these projects:
· Lowe’s – 8002 North Shadeland Avenue
· Lowes – 8801 E 25th Street
· Ace Hardware – 1025 N. Arlington Avenue
· Staples – 6101 North Keystone
It takes community support to help our students to reach their full potential, and we’re lucky to have some fantastic partners throughout the city; thanks for another amazing Indy Do Day!