The past couple of years since COVID have shown not only the dedication and resiliency of Indianapolis Public Schools and its employees, community partners, alumni and others but also the pride and love they have for the district, its students and staff.
What better way to highlight and celebrate all they do by nominating them for an IPS Hall of Fame Award, which shines a spotlight on the people and organizations that strive each and every day to make a measurable difference throughout the district.
Parents, community members, IPS staff or anyone affected or impacted by the outstanding work being done in IPS schools and throughout the district — can nominate a person, school, alumni or organization for one of these five award categories:
- Inspiring Alumni — An IPS graduate of a current or former IPS high school with outstanding accomplishments. The level of achievement distinguishes the individual among his/her peers.
- Outstanding Staff Member — An IPS non-licensed classified employee (bus driver, custodian, aide, clerk, administrative associate, or other facilities, food service, finance, security professional, etc.) with a demonstrated commitment to his/her school and/or the district.
- Engaging School — An IPS school that actively deepens community partnerships and/or family engagement for its school community, and develops, maintains and champions an inclusive and welcoming school culture.
- Excellence in Innovation — An IPS Innovation School that has reimagined what’s possible through out-of-the-box pathways to excellence related to academics, family engagement, and/or school climate and culture.
- Community Partner in Action — A company or organization that consistently works with the district and/or an IPS school (or schools) to actively promote and contribute to student and family success.
- NEW – Volunteer in Action – An individual who makes meaningful contributions in our schools, for our students, staff, families or for the district-at-large. This award honors an individual whose service positively and deeply impacts the school communities in which they live or work.
Note: The annual IPS Teacher of the Year and IPS Principal of the Year nomination and selection process are conducted internally. Winners will be highlighted during the 2022 Hall of Fame Ceremony later this year.
Nominations are now open through May 25, 2022. The awards ceremony will take place later this year. Time is running out, so submit your nominations today. CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE!
The Hall of Fame Awards is presented by the Indianapolis Public Schools Foundation (IPSF), which partners with the district to help provide opportunities for area businesses to support schools and programs.