Attention, artists! The deadline to sign up for the Fine Arts Camp is March 4.
Our teachers will offer targeted instruction to elementary students to help them flex their creative muscles in art, theater, dance and music. The camp is free to attend and runs during the last half of spring break – Monday, March 28 to Friday, April 1 from 9 a.m. until noon. Eligible students must be in grades 1-6.
“This camp is designed to feature fun, hands-on projects and performances that students can take advantage of,” said David Newman, IPS Fine Arts Instructional Coach. “The instructors are not locked into a particular curriculum, but they are free to collaborate with the other fine arts teachers and present projects and activities that will be lasting and meaningful.”
Camps will be hosted at the following schools:
- Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34- located at 1410 Wade St., Indianapolis, IN 46203
- Nicholson Performing Arts Academy School 70- located at 510 E. 46th St., Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Carl Wilde Elementary School 79- located at 5002 W. 34th St., Indianapolis, IN 46224
- Center for Inquiry School 84- located at 440 E. 57th St., Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Arlington Woods School 99- located at 5801 E. 30th St., Indianapolis, IN 46218
Dancers can step and glide at Nicholson Performing Arts only, while musicians, actors and other artists can enjoy choir, instrumental music, theatre and instructional arts at Eleanor Skillen, Carl Wilde, CFI School 84 or Arlington Woods.
Bus transportation will transport students to and from camp. Campers will also be provided with free breakfast, a take-home snack, supplies and instruments.
Space is limited, so don’t delay! To sign up, click here.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact your building principal or David Newman, IPS Fine Arts Instructional Coach at 317.226.3784.