As news about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) increases daily with talks about school closures, social distancing and even deaths across the country, it’s not abnormal for adults and youths to be fearful or anxious about this pandemic.
How should parents talk to their children about COVID-19?
Here are some available resources:
- National Association of School Psychologists’ Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource. Click HERE.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Networks’ Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019. Click HERE.
- Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress Fact Sheet: Taking Care of Your Family During Coronavirus and Other Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks. Click HERE.
- The Child Mind Institute’s Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus. Click HERE.
- SAMSA: “Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak. Click HERE.