Indianapolis Public Schools is excited to announce our call for quality applicants for the school year 2021–22 innovation application cycle. Applications would be for operating an innovation school either in the 2022–23 or 2023–24 school year.
Pursuant to IC 20-25.7, any individual, school team or charter organization may be eligible to run an Innovation Network School. Indianapolis Public Schools is leading the way, both in the city and nation, in designing a system that supports schools’ expanded autonomy as well as expanding quality choices for all families.
There are five ways to become an Innovation Network School. You may be interested in more than one and can indicate such in your Letter of Interest. However, your final application must be focused to one specific type of school in order to be considered.
- New School Launch — A new school that opens may enter into an Innovation Network Agreement to be in partnership with IPS facilities and shared services.
- Charter as New Partner — Charter schools, either new or existing, within the IPS boundaries may enter into a partnership with IPS via an Innovation Network Agreement. This allows access to shared services such as food service, transportation and professional development, and provides the ability to create a proximity boundary for enrollment.
- Restarts — A partner applies to restart a chronically under-performing school that has been recommended for this intervention by district leadership. These applications should be tailored to school and community needs in the fall. At the time of this call, you should indicate your willingness to restart any school for which the need is identified.
- Conversion — In an Innovation Conversion, an existing IPS school that shows outstanding leadership and team capacity may apply to convert their school. Significant staff, parent and community support is needed for this route and should be detailed in the application.
- Jumpstart — An existing IPS school in need of intervention due to student outcomes may convert to an Innovation Network School based on the will of the school community and building leadership as a self-initiated improvement strategy.
To get started, please use our Letter of Interest template. Click HERE to access.
Please email completed Letter of Interest document to firstname.lastname@example.org before the specified deadline.
You can also begin to explore the application by clicking HERE.