Based on updated data and guidance from the Marion County Public Health Department, Indianapolis Public Schools returned to in-person learning using a phase-in approach that started Tuesday, Jan. 19. The second phase begins Monday, Jan. 25.
Here’s the timeline for returning to in-person learning:
Jan. 25 – Jan. 29
- Students in Grades Pre-K–6 (except for 6th-graders on a middle school schedule) return for full in-person learning.
- Students in Grades 7-12 (this includes 6th-graders on a middle school schedule) return for in-person learning on a hybrid schedule.
*Families who would like to change to remote learning can still do so by contacting their school directly.
The hybrid learning schedule will be the same as the Fall for students in Grades 7-12:
Note: 6th-graders on a middle school schedule will follow the hybrid schedule.
- Students whose last names start with A-K will attend Monday and Tuesday. They will participate in remote learning Wednesday – Friday.
- Students whose last names start with L-Z will attend Thursday and Friday. They will participate in remote learning Monday – Wednesday.
- Wednesday will be a remote learning day for all students on the hybrid schedule.
IPS will continue to follow state and local guidelines from health and government officials.
For more information about IPS meal distribution, Student Support Networks and the new framework for school operations from the Marion County Public Health Department pertaining to COVID positivity rates per school, click on the individual tabs below.
*If your child attends an IPS Innovation Network School, they may be on a different schedule. Please contact your child’s school directly for the most up-to-date information.