IPS is excited to return to 100% full-time in-person learning for the 2021–22 school year. It is expected that students who attend in person will do so for the entire school year.
However, we realize that some families will require a full-time virtual learning option. For this reason, IPS has partnered with two high-quality virtual schools, Paramount Schools of Excellence and Phalen Leadership Academies, to provide virtual learning for IPS families.
Our hope is that all families will return to in-person learning so they can benefit from:
- The many social and emotional benefits of in-person support from qualified staff and supportive peer students.
- A newly adopted English Language Arts curriculum and the Imagine Learning supplemental learning acceleration digital platform.
- Access to multiple academic programs, extracurricular activities and athletics that are available at their home school (consistent with the Marion County Health Department’s updated guidelines).
- One-to-one technology, allowing all students to have access to their own electronic device to enhance learning. This will also enable short-term remote learning in the event schools and/or classrooms need to be closed and/or quarantined.
- Safety guidelines that will meet or exceed Marion County standards.
Please Note: Families who enroll in a virtual learning partner school will be giving up their current IPS school seat. If the family would like to return to in-person learning, they will have to enroll in their neighborhood school or go through the Enroll Indy process to claim a Choice school seat based on availability at the time of re-enrollment to in-person schools.
For those who require a fully virtual option for the 2021–22 school year and want to enroll now, here is a synopsis of district options:
Paramount Online Academy
Phalen Virtual Leadership Academy
Full-time, fully virtual options using high-quality curricula in small class sizes
(comparable to in-person model)
PLA Virtual is a free K–12 online school empowering Indiana scholars to achieve academic success with high-quality learning. Live, certified teachers pair their passion for education with technology to provide an interactive and rigorous curriculum so that scholars learn and thrive in their own environment, at their own pace.
PLA Virtual includes:
|Grades K-8||Grades K-12|
|Learn More||Learn More|
|Enroll Now||Enroll Now (select Phalen Virtual Leadership Academy as your school of choice.)|