Now is your chance to get a jump start on your child’s educational future; Indianapolis Public Schools is thrilled to announce the first Preschool Fairs for the Class of 2029! IPS is honored to serve our youngest scholars at 25 sites across the district, and our friendly enrollment team is excited to help your family join our vibrant school community! Our Preschool Fairs will take place on January 13 and 16 at several sites.
To be eligible for Preschool (also known as Pre-K) in IPS, students must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2016. Families must live in the IPS district and provide their own transportation to school. Pre-K seats are assigned by a lottery selection; the lottery application window is open until January 25 with selection in late February. After all lottery assignments are complete, remaining seats will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
You may begin the application process online at this link, but families enrolling a new student in Pre-K must also submit:
• Student’s birth certificate
• Complete immunization records
• Proof of residence (a lease or utility bill showing your name and current address)
• Picture ID for the parent or guardian
These documents may be submitted in-person or by email; you will be contacted by our enrollment experts after submitting an electronic application to complete the final steps in the process.
We are proud to offer three opportunities for families to submit applications for our Pre-K program. Join us at one of the following events:
• Wednesday, January 13, 5-8 p.m. – Lew Wallace Elementary School 107; 3307 Ashway Drive
• Wednesday, January 13, 5-8 p.m. – Francis Bellamy Preschool Center 102; 9501 E. 36th Place
• Saturday, January 16, 9 a.m-1 p.m. – Arsenal Technical High School; 1500 E. Michigan Street
If you need assistance with your application please attend one of our fairs or call 317.226.4000 for more information. We look forward to welcoming a new class of young learners for the 2016-17 school year!