July 22, 2018
Still need to enroll your child into an IPS school for the 2018-19 school year? The IPS Office of Enrollment and Options is offering extended hours during late enrollment from July 23 through August 4 inside the John Morton-Finney Center for Educational Services, 120 E. Walnut St.
Enrollment specialists with IPS and Enroll Indy will be available from:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
- 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. — Wednesdays.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Saturdays.
Based on available seats, families can choose a K-12 school on a first-come, first-served basis. Staff can assist families with:
- IPS Choice/Innovation Seats, including all IPS high schools.
- IPS Neighborhood/Boundary Seats.
- Pre-K Programs.
- Neighborhood Transfers and Other Special Circumstances.
Those who did not receive a match during the Choice Application Lottery are on a wait list and will be contacted if a seat becomes available. During late enrollment, these families can apply for schools with open seats in person or at www.schoolmint.org. Reminder: Students must be age 5 by August 1, 2018, to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year. Those who do not meet this requirement and have already completed a preschool program can enter the IPS Second Year Pre-K Experience (a second-year Pre-K program).
The followng materials are required for registration:
- New Students: transcript (for high school students), birth certificate, immunization record, guardian ID, guardian proof of address.
- Returning Students: immunization record, guardian ID, guardian proof of address.
The first day of school for most IPS students is August 6; some innovation schools begin before and after this date. For more information, visit myips.org and click on the Enrollment & Options link, or call the IPS Office of Enrollment and Options at 317.226.4000, Option 2.