Indianapolis Public Schools is proud to debut a brand new mobile app for the public. The new app offers complete customization for family and community members. Do you have a child at two different IPS schools? You can sign up to see just those schools’ calendars!
The app is available for FREE in the App Store or on Google Play. Search for “myIPS” or Indianapolis Public Schools” to download.
The very first time you launch the app on your smart phone or mobile device, you experience Onboarding, a process for you to set up and launch the app. You will navigate a series of screens and options to complete the process.
Onboarding—Let’s Get Started
Here’s what you can do on the Let’s get started… screen.
Choose to Sign In
Enter your Username and Password. Tap the ABC control on to display your password as text. Tap it off to display your password as a series of asterisks. Tap Forget your password? if you can’t remember what it is.
Once you sign in, you remain signed in until you sign out using the SETTING option on the
Off Canvas Menu. If you are signed in and you close the app without signing out, the next time you launch it, you are signed in to the app.
Choose to Register Now
Use this option to self register which creates a user account on the website you may use to sign in. This option displays only if the Site Administrator has activated self registration.
Choose to Skip this Step
Select this to navigate to the next Onboarding screen without signing in or self registering.
Use the My Schools screen to select the schools from which you wish to receive news feeds. Here’s what you should know about the My Schools screen.
Schools are listed in ABC order.
- If there are more than 20 schools within your district, an alphabetic index displays at the right of the screen. Tap a letter in the index to navigate to that group of schools.
- Tap the schools from which you wish to receive updates—the control toggle turns blue. Tap it again to deselect it.
- If you are signed in to the website, your selections are saved in School Associations found within your My Account Settings. Each time you access the MCA and sign in, these schools are selected.
- Note that if you are a MyView user, you see the schools active that you have previously selected in the list.
- If you do not sign in, the selections you make are saved with your smart phone or mobile device. Each time you access the MCA and do not sign in, these schools are selected.
- You can update your school associations at any time by tapping Update Schools on the Off Canvas Menu.
Learn more about the mobile app and its features here.