Due to the school start date move to August 17, IPS will provide its Summer Meal Program through Wednesday, August 5. Please note the locations, meal details and times below.
The Haughville Public Library will serve pre-packaged lunch only from 11:30 a.m.–12 p.m. Monday–Friday and will end its service on August 5.
The Haughville site is the only location serving meals five days a week.
Other meal locations will continue to distribute prepackaged meals of breakfast and lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays only.
- On Mondays, students will receive four prepackaged meals (breakfast and lunch) to cover two meals a day for two days.
- On Wednesdays, students will receive six prepackaged meals (breakfast and lunch) to cover two meals a day for three days.
This meal distribution plan ensures that our students have two healthy, nutritious meals during the weekday. It also decreases the number of times a week families have to leave their houses for district-provided meals.
Meal service is open to all students age 18 and younger, including non-IPS students, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Also, in an effort to encourage social distancing, meals will be distributed drive-thru style in the parking lot from all locations.
Monday—Friday Meal Location and Times
11:30 a.m. — 12 p.m.
- Haughville Public Library — 2121 W. Michigan St. This site only serves lunch.
Monday and Wednesday Meal Locations and Times
11 a.m. — 12 p.m.
- Carl Wilde School 79 — 5002 W.34th St., 46224 (parking lot off of Auburn Road)
- George Washington High School — 2215 W. Washington St., 46222
- Eleanor Skillen School 34 — 1410 Wade St., 46203
- Brookside School 54 — 3150 E. 10th St., 46201 (parking lot off of North Dearborn Street.)
- Arlington Woods School 99 — 5801 30th St., 46218
- James Whitcomb Riley School 43 — 150 W. 40th St., 46208
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105 — 8620 Montery Road, 46226
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Northwest Middle School — 5525 W. 34th St., 46224
- Matchbook Learning @ Wendell Phillips School 63 — 1163 Belmont Ave., 46222
- Urban Act Academy @ Washington Irving 14 — 1250 E. Market St., 46202
- Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School — 2302 E. Michigan St., 46201
- George S. Buck School 94 — 2701 Devon Ave., 46219
- Phalen Leadership Academy @ Francis Scott Key 103 — 3920 Baker Drive, 46235
- Louis B. Russell Jr. School 48 — 3445 Central Ave., 46205
Meal location Sites From Apartment Complexes Serving Monday and Wednesday
The IPS Food Service team will no longer use the Bus Stop Café at these locations. Instead, prepackaged meals will be served from trucks.
- Blackburn Terrace — 3091 Baltimore Ave., 46218, from 11–11:30 a.m.
- Laurelwood Apartments — 3340 Teakwood Drive, 46227, from 12:30–1 p.m.