In an effort to ensure that IPS students are not negatively affected by the COVID-19 Home Learning period, the district has been sharing how Quarter 4 grades will be calculated.
(Please note that normal grading practices do not fit our current circumstances.)
Quarter 4 grades will be calculated as follows:
- Will not have final grades.
- Will have Quarter 4 grades scored with a different grading scale than normal and will be graded on a 3-point scale strictly focused on participation, which does not affect students negatively.
The scale used to gauge participation in Home Learning:
- Highly Engaged: Completed/participated in 70% or more of Home Learning.
- Engaged:Completed/participated in 50-69% of Home Learning.
- Limited Engagement:Completed/participated in less than 50% of Home Learning.
MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL CREDIT-BEARING/GRADED COURSES
- Will not have final exams.
- The final grade will be based on 50% of Quarter 3 grades and 50% of Quarter 4 grades.
- Cannot have Quarter 4 grades that are lower than grades received in Quarter 3.