The IPS Board of School Commissioners will host several board meetings and town halls during the month of June. All meetings are open to the public and registration is required to attend.
6 p.m. Wednesday, June 9.
John Morton-Finney Center for Educational Services, 120 E. Walnut St. The meeting will be held inside the boardroom.
During this meeting, the Board will discuss its goals through 2025. Due to COVID-19, seating is limited and registration is required. To register, click HERE.
In-person public commenting will not be available during the Work Session.
Board Town Halls
The IPS Board of Schools Commissioners will host a series of town hall meetings to discuss the IPS Strategic Plan 2025, district finances and ESSER funding.
In addition to helping the IPS school community and stakeholders understand all three topics, the majority of the town halls will be focused on engaging attendees in a conversation around ESSER funding, how the money can be used throughout the district, and generating ideas for ESSER 3 funding usage. Members of the IPS leadership team will also be in attendance.
Town halls will be hosted in person and virtually during the following days and times. Registration is required to attend. Spanish interpretation will be available during the virtual meetings. Spanish and American Sign Language interpretation will be provided during the in-person meetings.
Town Hall Schedule:
- 12 to 1:30 p.m. Monday, June 14 | Hosted virtually | Register HERE.
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 15 | Arlington Middle School, 4825 N. Arlington Ave. | Register HERE.
- 12 to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 16 | Hosted virtually | Register HERE.
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 17 | George Washington High School, 2215 W. Washington St. | Register HERE.
June Board Meetings
The IPS Board of School Commissioners will host its June Board meetings in person in the boardroom at the John Morton-Finney Center for Educational Services, 120 E. Walnut St., at:
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 22 | Agenda Review Session | Register HERE.
- 6 p.m. Thursday, June 24 | Board Action Session | Register HERE.
The meetings are open to the public with limited seating; registration is required to attend. Due to COVID-19, the following safety measures will be strictly enforced:
- Limited to 100 people, including Board members, essential IPS staff and the public. Seating arrangements will ensure social distancing.
- Face masks are mandatory, except for Board members or anyone presenting. Those attending the meeting must provide their own face masks.
- In-person public comment will be accepted in person at Tuesday’s Agenda Review session and Thursday’s Board Action Session.
- Written public comment will be accepted through June 24, at 3 p.m. using the online portal linked HERE. Submitted public comment will be distributed to the Board and IPS administration. All received comments will be made available to the public.
The Board Action Session will be live streamed through the district’s website at www.myips.org and on the district’s Facebook page. You do not have to have a Facebook account to watch.