(Provided by the Indiana Department of Education)
Each year, the Indiana Teacher of the Year Program (INTOY) works to inspire, rejuvenate, and celebrate the teaching profession by recognizing outstanding teachers from across the state. The INTOY award is a lifetime role in education, which has many opportunities to celebrate teaching and uplift the teaching profession. Indiana Teachers of the Year are a network of exceptional teachers who are current or retired educators, administrators, and teacher leaders who continually provide support to the education community.
The 2022 Indiana Teacher of the Year Top 10 Finalists are:
- Lisa Clegg, Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Susan Davis, South Bend Community School Corporation
- Robert DeRuntz, Duneland School Corporation
- Daniel Jones, Perry Township Schools
- Jaime Lamkin, Clarksville Community Schools
- Brayton Mendenhall, MSD Wayne Township
- Gwyn Skrobul, Kankakee Valley School Corporation
- Sarah TeKolste, Indianapolis Public Schools – Learn more about Sarah HERE.
- Sharita Ware, Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Jennifer Yoder, Goshen Community Schools