We’re now officially halfway through the school year, and we’ve got some exciting things on the horizon for 2015!
- On January 6 the Board of School Commissioners welcomed three new members – Kelly Bentley, LaNier Echols and Mary Ann Sullivan. We look forward to working with these wonderful champions for children!
- In December the Board voted on a new dress code for the 2015-2016 school year that includes fewer restrictions on colors and styles! Check out our new dress code booklet here, featuring students from Arsenal Technical High School, Broad Ripple Magnet High School for the Arts and Humanities, George H. Fisher School 93, and Stephen Foster School 67.
- This month we’ll introduce our school calendars for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017! The new calendars will include professional development days for staff and additional inclement weather make up options. The final versions will be voted on by the Board of School Commissioners at the January 27 action session.
- We’ve also extended our Magnet/Choice Deadline to January 23 so more families and students can take advantage of our great magnet programs! Another new feature – the entire process is now online!
- IPS has a robust 2015 legislative agenda. Look for us at the state house as we continue to advocate for for funding, preschool, takeover reform and teacher resignation notices.
These are just a few of the exciting things to come in 2015! We’re proud of the progress our students, staff and schools made in 2014. Now we’re ready to embrace all that 2015 has to offer!