Key responsibilities of the Life Skills and Autism Coordinator include:
- Provides leadership and collaboration to ensure that Life Skills and Autism initiatives are student-focused and aligned with the vision of the IPS Special Education Department
- Develops support materials and professional development, offers coaching opportunities for teachers and support staff
- Works closely with special education staff to ensure seamless transitions for students in Life Skills and Autism programs
- Provides support and resources to special education and general education teacher of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who are in the general education classroom setting or special education self-contained classrooms
- Mentors and supports Life Skills teachers and support staff
- Assists in developing transition and micro-enterprise opportunities for students
- Serves as a member of Project SEARCH and Advisory Board member for IUPUI SITE
- Assists in enrolling new students in Project SEARCH and IUPUI SITE
- Supports building principals and compliance staff with issues relating to Life Skills programs and personnel
- Arranges transportation for students in Life Skills and Autism programs
- Communicates effectively, and in a timely manner, with parents and guardians of special needs students to address complaints, issues and concerns
Programs for Young Children Coordinator
Our Special Education team is also seeking a Programs for Young Children Coordinator (PYC Coordinator); this employee oversees and coordinates the day-to-day execution of supports for preschool students with special needs
The PYC Coordinator is specifically responsible for the following:
- Provides leadership and collaboration to ensure that preschool initiatives are student-focused and aligned with the vision of the District’s strategic plan;
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of special education and general education issues relating to preschool services necessary for student success
- Ensures that parents are provided with opportunities to have their preschool child screened and/or evaluated (IDEA/Child Find)
- Attends First Steps 90 Day Transition Meetings
- Ensures that children served in First Steps are provided services by their 3rd birthday
- Manages documentation provided by First Steps to monitor transition services
- Arranges for all students to have a valid STN in order for teachers to gain access to the Indiana IEP and ISTAR-KR
- Develops and consistently revisits PYC procedures to ensure continuity services and foresight of potential compliance issues
- Works collaboratively with principals, teachers, and staff in the development of appropriate supports for preschool students
- Provides in-service training for Programs for Young Children staff and preschool special education staff
- Provides support to teachers in preschool special education classrooms
- Attends case conferences for students as requested/needed
This member of teamIPS performs a variety of administrative duties to support the activities of the Athletics Department and Public Relations Division. This Administrative Assistant supports the District Athletic Director with district-wide athletics initiatives, as well as supporting the Strategic Partnerships Coordinator with relationship management regarding community partners and volunteer recruitment efforts. This employee will enthusiastically promote district pride and service excellence when assisting internal and external partners.
Essential duties include:
- Ensures all communications reflect the standards and mission of IPS.
- Helps coordinate various programs and events including registration and attendee follow-up.
- Reports and conducts research in preparation for various programs & initiatives.
- Assists in communicating the sports & extra-curricular needs of school coordinators.
- Attends meetings with District Athletic Director; assists with recording meeting minutes as needed.
- Assists the Strategic Partnerships Coordinator with aspects of school-wide and district-wide community relationship management.
- Coordinates scheduling for the District Athletic Director and Strategic Partnerships Coordinator.
- Assists with volunteer management and recruitment, as well as community engagement activities, as necessary.
- Assists with data entry and database management; database experience is a plus.
IPS has a variety of other exciting opportunities available at this time including:
Learning Community Special Education Director: Provide targeted supports to schools in our East or West Learning Community to ensure high-quality implementation of special education services and compliance in our schools!