Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) and Circle City Broadcasting, owner of WISH-TV and MyINDY-TV 23, have formed a partnership to broadcast academic lessons to IPS students in Grades K–8 five days a week.
The lessons will start airing from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday–Friday on MyINDY-TV 23, beginning April 27.
Each lesson will vary in length and will cover a variety of subjects, including English, Math, Reading and Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
Presented by IPS teachers, the broadcast lessons will mirror the videos teachers have already recorded on their class pages online and will cover content in the homework packets mailed to families.
HOW TO WATCH:
- Families who don’t have access to MyINDY-TV 23 via cable or satellite provider can receive it for free through an antenna or converter box.
- IPS families that subscribe to AT&T/Direct TV can do the following to receive our Over-The -Air (OTA) signal immediately for FREE.
If your Satellite uses a Set Top Box and you watch on HDMI (input):
- Use the TV Remote control (not the Satellite) to select from Input “Air”, “Antenna” or “TV”
- Make sure your antenna is attached to the round antenna connector on your TV
- Select “Auto tune” or “Auto add channels” or “rescan”
- Allow 10 or 20 minutes for this to complete
- You now have free, over-the-air channels. IPS will be Channel 23.1
If you have any trouble, call Glenn Edwards at 317.956.8585 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will assist each family individually. Videos are posted on the IPS Partnership WISHTV.com webpage.
WEEKLY PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE / WNDY