Jan. 5, 2018
The hardcourt matchup between the Broad Ripple Rockets and Crispus Attucks Tigers boys’ basketball teams is just one of nine games being aired during FOX Sports Indiana’s second annual Basketball Day Indiana.
On Saturday, Jan. 6, the network will present 13-plus hours of live basketball games and individual features from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. on FOX Sports Indiana. In addition to the IPS game and feature, the lineup includes collegiate matchups and ends with the Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls from Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
“Our goal with Basketball Day Indiana is to celebrate the state’s passion for the sport,” said FOX Sports Indiana General Manager and Senior Vice President Jack Donovan. “We’re proud to team up with the Pacers, Fever and IHSAA, and to join with FOX Sports’ collegiate partners from the Big Ten, Big East and Missouri Valley Conference, to produce an event that showcases basketball at all levels.”
The idea to air the game between Attucks and Broad Ripple was a no-brainer, said Donovan.
“(These are) great teams, great schools with great histories,” he said. “When our partners at the IHSAA presented us the opportunity to include this game in Basketball Day Indiana, we jumped at the opportunity. It’s an ideal fit as we celebrate basketball — not just the past, present and future of basketball in Indiana.”
Brief features on Attucks and Broad Ripple (and the other schools/teams) will also air, with the Broad Ripple feature including comments from alums George Hill and Mike Woodson. Called Basketball Day Live, these features and live interviews will be shown before, between and after the games.
Games will be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Pacers Athletic Center (at Grand Park), Assembly Hall, Mackey Arena, Hinkle Fieldhouse and The Athletics-Recreation Center (The ARC at Valparaiso University). Tickets are still available (admission for the high school games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse are free). All games will air on FOX Sports Indiana and stream on the FOX Sports GO app and at FOXSportsGO.com.
“Basketball Day Indiana fits perfectly with our new brand of ‘We Grow Basketball Here,’” said Pacers Sports & Entertainment President and COO Rick Fuson. “We embrace the opportunity to begin the day with the best of high school basketball in Bankers Life Fieldhouse and conclude the festivities that evening when our Pacers host Chicago. We thank our partners at FOX Sports Indiana for their leading role in making this a must-see day of hoops, whether on FSI or in person.”
Indiana Basketball Day Lineup
All games will air on FOX Sports Indiana, unless otherwise noted.
- 9 a.m. — Garrett girls vs. Lakewood Park Christian (Fox Sports Indiana Plus)
- 10 a.m. — Basketball Day Live
- 10:30 a.m. — Pike girls vs. North Central
- 12:15 p.m. — New Albany boys vs. Silver Creek
- 1:45 p.m. — Basketball Day Live
- 2 p.m. — College basketball “Whip-Around” telecast featuring three simultaneous games (Purdue women vs. Indiana; Nebraska men vs. Purdue; and Seton Hall men vs. Butler)
- 4:30 p.m. — Southern Illinois men vs. Valparaiso (Fox Sports Indiana Plus)
- 4:45 p.m. — Crispus Attucks boys vs. Broad Ripple
- 6 p.m. — Basketball Day Live
- 6: 30 p.m. — Pacers Live pregame
- 7:00 p.m. — Bulls vs. Pacers
- 9:30 p.m. — Pacers Live postgame
- 10 p.m. — Basketball Day Live