Each year, the IPS Hall of Fame Awards celebrates the outstanding staff, schools, community partners and alumni throughout the district — those making a difference in the lives of our students and families.
The virtual 2021 Hall of Fame Awards winners in each category are:
- Outstanding Staff Member of the Year Award – Susana Colgan, FACE Liaison, Newcomer Program
- Inspiring Alumni Award and inductees into the 2021 IPS Hall of Fame – Tim Bass, Arlington High School; Julie Vincent, Broad Ripple High School; Max Siegel, Northwest High School; David Lewis, Arsenal Technical High School, Mike Woodson, Broad Ripple High School
- Community Partner in Action Award – Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Engaging School Award – George Washington Carver School 87
- Excellence in Innovation Award – Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School
- IPS Teacher of the Year – Sarah TeKolste, Shortridge High School
- IPS Principal of the Year – Tihesha Henderson, Sankofa School of Success at Arlington Woods 99
The annual Hall of Fame Awards was presented by the Indianapolis Public Schools Foundation, which partners with the district to help provide opportunities for area businesses to support schools and programs.
Thank you to the 2021 sponsors for supporting this event!
- Title Sponsor: Faegre Drinker
- Gold Sponsor: Apex Benefits
- Award Sponsors: Inspiring Alumni Award presented by LDI, Ltd. and Community Partner in Action Award presented by MDwise, Inc.
- Friends of IPS Sponsors: Allan B. Hubbard | The Mind Trust | The Rotary Club Indianapolis