The health and safety of IPS staff, students, families and visitors is paramount. Anyone physically reporting to an IPS facility during the 2020-21 school year can expect:
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
A variety of PPE will be on-site at all IPS schools and administration buildings to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Below is a look at some of the requirements and protocols for the district.
For any student, school staff or visitor in any school or administrative building, face coverings will be required for the 2020–21 school year.
IPS will provide one free reusable mask for students and staff. Students will need to supplement the one reusable mask they are receiving from IPS with additional, cloth reusable masks. Families can check their school’s supply lists for details on how many masks are needed.
Students and families living in Marion County may be eligible to receive free masks from the city. Visit https://www.indy.gov/activity/face-coverings-for-marion-county-residents for more information.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
All buildings and classrooms will be equipped with disinfectant and paper towels. Teachers and custodians will be responsible for cleaning common contact surfaces, such as desks and tables/counters, at regular intervals throughout the day.
Other updates include:
- Touchless water fountains are being installed in all schools for use with reusable water bottles.
- Bottled water has been purchased to supplement schools without usable water fountains.
- Barriers have been installed in all offices to ensure distance between staff and visitors.
- Signage has been placed in all schools teaching proper hand cleaning. symptom screening, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all classrooms and dispensers have been installed outside all cafeterias.
- Parents or guardians will be restricted to the front office, where they will be expected to maintain social distance between themselves and IPS staff.
- IPS is deploying desks to schools that have tables or other seating inappropriate for social distancing
ADDITIONAL BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCES