Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) shall provide coordination, technical assistance, and essential support for Title I schools. Thus, building capacity for robust parent engagement is necessary to advance student academic achievement and performance.
IPS will involve parents in the development of an academic school review and improvement plan. IPS will support schools in building parental involvement by:
● Providing assistance to parents and children to better understand the state academic standards and how to monitor progress for academic improvement.
● Providing material, and training, to help parents work with their children in academic areas.
● Educating the educators, with the assistance of parents, using various tools to ensure parents are encouraged to recruit parents to become active partners.
● Ensuring that communication is written in a language that all parents can understand and will allow them to be fully engaged in the education of their child(ren).
● Providing support for parents that are reasonable, per the request of parents.
|Chew, Connie||Family and Community Engagement Liaison||chewC@myips.org|
|Fowler, Joselyne (Bilingual)||Family and Community Engagement Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org|