COVID-19 IPS Response Plan
We know that our district families and staff have lots of questions about what the next school year will look like due to COVID-19, and we want to keep you informed with the most up-to-date information.
IPS has been modeling different scenarios for the 2020-21 school year as the district continues to talk with and hear from city and state officials, as well as look across the country at how other school systems are responding in light of the pandemic.
During this planning, the district has developed a list of non-negotiables for the 2020-21 school year that will help to guide our planning.
- Social distancing, including caps on group sizes and distances between people.
- COVID-specific safety protocols must be in place at all schools.
- A full-time e-learning option must be available to all students who must opt-out of in-person school.
- The district must be able to quickly implement e-learning for 100% of students if rolling closures occur.
- Extended time options must be available for the neediest students.
- Social emotional learning will be prioritized but will need to evolve to be responsive to the needs of students.
The district is intensely focused on student and staff safety, addressing the trauma that our collective community is experiencing, and providing high-quality instruction regardless of the scenario(s) we use.
IPS will scale our e-learning capacity throughout the organization. We have made an initial investment of resources to purchase iPads/Chromebooks to ensure all students have a device, and have invested in MiFis (mobile hotspots) as a short-term solution to address internet access for students. The vision for this initiative goes beyond crisis response as we are building a strategy that enhances our teaching and learning strategy moving forward.
Latest News on COVID-19 From IPS/Últimas noticias sobre COVID-19 de IPS
Latest Message from IPS Superintendent Johnson
IPS families and staff with school-related questions about COVID-19, please send them to COVIDTaskForce@myips.org.
Familias y personal de IPS con preguntas relacionadas con la escuela sobre COVID-19, envíenlas a COVIDTaskForce@myips.org